Friday, November 6, 2009

Claudio Riaz Instant Smoke Brush


This is my bad purchase of the year. Like a victim of infomercials, I fell for the sales associate's spiel about this "one step instant smokey eye brush that will save you time and create perfect eyes". Yeah, sounds too good to be true, right? Except this wasn't $19.99 after being discounted from $199.99 and I didn't get 2 extra brushes if I purchased "right now". The brush quality is good, it is sable and well constructed but this "one step" process just does not work, and if I thought about it for more than 20 seconds before I bought it, I would have made the realization. You are supposed to dab this with shadow but the shape of this prevents you from getting a good dab so I made a big mess of my shadow while smashing the brush down so I can get powder in the middle. Then you put this up to your lids and press down and tilt from side to side. Uh, shadow doesn't work this way, it does not stick and I got a ton of loose powder all over my face. And the brush is so rigid and wide that when I tried to blend with it, the shadow went up, down and around my eyes so I looked like a crazy mess. To get this to work, I had to use another brush to blend. In other words, I used the brush that I usually use to get the smokey eye look to get the smokey eye look with this brush. Now you tell me if that makes any sense. This brush sucks so badly that they don't even carry it Barney's anymore, where I bought it. Total waste of $95. Always stick to Shu Uemura for brushes. Lesson

No comments:

Post a Comment